[新聞] 洋基準備向Sheets提複數年合約
Yankees Brewin' up multi-year offer for free agent Ben Sheets
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/12/08/2008-12-08_yankees_brewin_up_multiyear_offer_for_fr.html
http://tinyurl.com/5runv3
BY MARK FEINSAND
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Monday, December 8th 2008, 11:25 PM
LAS VEGAS - While most of the attention in the Yankees' universe is focused
on CC Sabathia, the Bombers are preparing to make an offer to another free
agent pitcher from Milwaukee in the next 72 hours.
According to a source, the Yankees will offer Ben Sheets a multiyear deal -
most likely for two years in the $30 million range (Daily News updated
the number from $30M to $26 million December 9th 2008, 9:56 AM)
- before the winter meetings conclude on Thursday.
Sheets, a 30-year-old righthander who was one of the heroes of Team USA in
the 2000 Olympics, declined arbitration this weekend, so he'll cost the team
that signs him a first-round pick in next year's draft.
Sheets earned $11 million last year, going 13-9 with a 3.09 ERA in the final
season of his four-year, $38.5 million contract. He is 86-83 with a 3.73 ERA
in eight seasons, all with the Brewers, but has only made 30-plus starts in
four of those seasons due to injuries.
ALL QUIET WITH CANO: Despite reports that the Yankees are talking with the
Dodgers about a Robinson Cano-for-Matt Kemp deal, Dodgers GM Ned Colletti
said Monday that he hasn't had any discussions with the Bombers about the
second baseman.
The Dodgers are looking to fill numerous holes, so dealing Kemp, who hit .290
with 18 homers this year, for one player makes little sense. The Yankees are
planning on Cano being their second baseman, according to Brian Cashman,
though the GM didn't rule out the possibility of trading him.
"We signed him last year as a long-term piece here," Cashman said. "It
doesn't mean he can't get traded, but I think Robbie Cano is going to have
another big year next year despite the year he had (.271, 14 HR, 72 RBI)."
PETT PROJECT: Cashman said he has been exchanging e-mails with Randy
Hendricks, who represents Andy Pettitte, but no progress has been made toward
bringing the lefthander back. ... Jorge Posada, who finished the first part
of his rehab program this week in Tampa, began his throwing program Monday.
Cashman is expecting the catcher to be ready for Opening Day. ... Cashman
confirmed that he has not made an offer to Mark Teixeira, though he said he
was "very impressed" with the free-agent first baseman after meeting with him
and Scott Boras last week.
----
大意: 有消息指出 洋基準備向Ben Sheets提出複數年合約
可能是2年3千萬左右 他們會在星期四冬季會議結束前提出
也就是72小時以內
沒有關於Cano/Pettitte的新進展
現金人相信Cano明年會比今年好
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 98.109.73.241
推
12/09 20:42, , 1F
12/09 20:42, 1F
推
12/09 20:43, , 2F
12/09 20:43, 2F
推
12/09 20:47, , 3F
12/09 20:47, 3F
推
12/09 20:47, , 4F
12/09 20:47, 4F
→
12/09 21:23, , 5F
12/09 21:23, 5F
推
12/09 21:24, , 6F
12/09 21:24, 6F
→
12/09 21:38, , 7F
12/09 21:38, 7F
→
12/09 22:16, , 8F
12/09 22:16, 8F
→
12/09 22:17, , 9F
12/09 22:17, 9F
→
12/09 22:20, , 10F
12/09 22:20, 10F
→
12/09 22:24, , 11F
12/09 22:24, 11F
※ 編輯: dblsesame 來自: 98.109.73.241 (12/10 08:37)
NY-Yankees 近期熱門文章
215
426
PTT體育區 即時熱門文章